Monday, May 24, 2010

After the Storm

After a brief, but severe, afternoon storm, the temperature and humidity dropped enough to actually be able to breath outdoors. I seized the opportunity to go for a walk as the early evening hours are my favourite time of day. The musty aroma of the swamp & parched earth is a smell I'd love to bottle! Along the way, I found a welcoming critter or two, including this little fellow who I'm certain was bashful - he dipped under the water every time I focused on him.



It has been too long since we've had a decent rain. The temperature cooled the air down and there was actually a slight mist on the lake.





Spanish Moss is a nuisance to native trees, but it sure has that southern charm. It always reminds me of rocking chairs and big front porches.



A friendly neighbourhood cat whom I've called Stumps (he doesn't seem to mind). He does have the shortest legs I've ever seen on a cat, however I was kind enough to post his portrait while he was sitting, rather than standing =)



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment